A new CNN poll indicates Forty-three percent of Americans approve of what President Donald Trump is doing. This is Trump’s highest approval rating since April of 2017.
That previous poll showed Trump’s approval rating was 44% and his disapproval rating was 54%.
In this current poll, Fifty-two percent of respondents disapprove of what Trump is doing.
The current poll shows:
- 37% of Americans say Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 59% do not feel that way.
- 44% say Democrats in Congress are doing too much to investigate Trump. 25% say they are doing too little and 28% say they are doing the right amount.
- 11% say Trump is doing too much to cooperate with congressional investigations. 54% say he is doing too little and 33% say he is doing the right amount.
- 66% say Trump should release his tax returns, compared to 32% who disagree.
- 58% say Congress should investigate whether Trump committed obstruction of justice, while 40% say Congress should not probe it.
- 48% say they believe the president did commit obstruction of justice, compared to 45% who do not.
- 69% say Congress should probe the origins of the Justice Department’s inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 election, compared to 28% who say lawmakers should not.
- 59% approve of the way special counsel Robert Mueller handled his investigation, while 30% disapprove.
Between April 25th and April 28th SSRS polled a total of 1,007 adults. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.